top of page

Business Insurance


Business Insurance provides coverage for business owners to protect against theft, liability, damage to the property, interruption of business, vandalization, weather, and so on.  Commercial Insurance benefits business owners as it reduces risks that may harm the company. The business owner can insure the company's assets, real estate, and the employees (with group health insurance).

Types of Insurance for your Business:

  • Business Owner's Policy (BOP)

  • General Liability Insurance

  • Business Interruption Insurance

  • Commercial Auto Insurance

  • Business Property Insurance

Business Owner's Policy

A business owner policy packages all the necessary coverage a business owner would require. Often, BOP's will include business interruption insurance, property insurance, vehicle coverage, liability insurance, and crime insurance . Based on your company's specific needs, you can alter what is included in a BOP. You can save money by selecting a BOP because the bundle of services costs less than the total cost of all the individual policies.

General Liability Insurance

General liability insurance protects your business from claims of personal injury, property damage, data loss, bodily injury & the associated medical costs.

Business Interruption Insurance

Business Interruption Insurance covers the loss of income that a business suffers after a disaster. The income loss covered may be due to disaster-related closing of the business facility or due to the rebuilding process after a disaster.

Commercial Auto Insurance

Commercial auto insurance protects your business vehicles. You can protect vehicles that carry employees, products, or equipment. With commercial auto insurance you can insure your work cars, SUVs, vans and trucks from damages and collisions.  If you do not have company vehicles, but employees drive their own cars for company business, you should have non-owned auto liability to protect the company in case the employee does not have insurance or has inadequate coverage.  Many times the non-owned can be added to the BOP policy.

  • Workers' Compensation Insurance

  • Home-Based Businesses Insurance

  • Product Liability Insurance

  • Professional Liability Insurance

Workers' Compensation Insurance

In the state of California, you need to provide workers compensation if you have employees. But as a business owner, law or not, you would want to have worker's compensation insurance to protect yourself and your company from lawsuits. Worker's compensation provides insurance to employees who are injured on the job. This type of insurance provides wage replacement and medical benefits to those who are injured while working. In exchange for these benefits, the employee gives up his or her right to sue the employer for the incident.

Home-Based Businesses Insurance

Your homeowner's policy doesn't cover home-based businesses. If you're operating your business out of your home, you'd want to protect your business assets in the event of any problems.  

Product Liability Insurance

Product Liability Insurance protects your business from claims related to the manufacture or sale of your products, food, medicines or other goods to the public. It covers the manufacturer's or seller's liability for losses or injuries to a buyer, user, or bystander, caused by a defect or malfunction of the product.

Professional Liability Insurance

Professional Liability Insurance is also referred to as Errors and Omissions Insurance. This policy provides defense and damages for failure to or improperly rendering professional services.  Your general liability policy does not provide this coverage, so it is important to know the difference.  Professional liability insurance is applicable for any professional firm including lawyers, notaries, accountants, real estate agents, consultants, insurance agents, hair salons, technology providers, and more.

Business Property Insurance

Business Property Insurance will protect you from fires, vandalism, theft, and smoke damage if you own your building or have business-personal property such as office equipment and computers systems.

bottom of page